Friday, November 11, 2016

Another Problem About NaNoWriMo? It Makes Me Think

If anybody else writing NaNo ever runs into this as a problem...

See, writers have ideas. Ideas we want to express as either stories or essays.

Once I start writing on something - a story or a blog article or other project - a plot idea or some form of insight suddenly pops up that I can incorporate into what I'm working on.

Unless the idea doesn't fit. Then all of a sudden I have a plot idea or a topic worth discussing that I can't put aside lest I forget about it.

So I find myself going off on tangents, dancing away from the novel/story project I'm on and typing away on an unrelated project.

For example, I'm supposed to be working on my superhero origins novel for NaNo right now. However, I've suddenly got myself thinking about Pragmatism as an American philosophy and musing over the need to write up some amateur proto-philosophical chapters/articles before I lose track of THAT thought.

This is one of the reasons why I've never really finished a full book. Hell, there's an idea on writing up a History of 20th Century Jamaica still sitting in a box in my closet.

Get me back on track, fellow writers. Remind me I gotta finish this NaNo first and foremost.

I can just tag the journal articles and books on James, Pierce and Dewey for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment