Sunday, May 17, 2015

Florida Library Association Conference 2015

I attended this past week, learning a few new things about the advocacy of 3D printing and makerspace planning for libraries.

I also attended as part of the Standards committee, where we presented the first draft of the revisions.  We are re-designing the guidelines to focus as much on outcomes as anything, and thinking of how the Public Library Association's planned revisions in 2017 will affect the various states (including our own).  I'd love to add a link to the first draft if I can find it... knew I should have written it down somewhere.

And if anyone's got pictures of the Standards presentation on Friday morning, please pass along.

Oh, and Ellen, I still owe you for the hot-spot Internet usage.

No comments:

Post a Comment