Monday, February 3, 2014

I Don't Know Nothing About Birthing Kitties (UPDATE)

Turns out Ocean really was pregnant.
Last night Feb. 2nd she gave birth to three kittens (that I could see and hear).  You can see the tail of one of them next to her head in that photo.

I've been told cats are pregnant over nine weeks.  So... counting back... she got knocked up mid-November, just before I got around to adopting her.  Now it's a question of hunting that SOB tomcat down that did this to her and... SNIP SNIP...

I got a box laid out with a towel nearby, so she can transfer over her kittens to a cleaner place.  Left food and water nearby.  I have no idea what else I need to do.

Update: (2/3/14 6:10 pm EST) AAAAAAA I was off on the kitteh count.  Ocean gave birth to SIX KITTEHS.  SIX!  AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh...

On the other hand I could name them all after the crew of the Serenity... Mal, Zoe, Wash, Kaylee, Jayne, Inara...

Update Update: Here's a second picture of the kittehs.

There's one, two, a third behind the second, the grey kitteh is fourth, then a fifth kitteh and then a sixth with his/her tail end up.  Two of the cats look like solid black cats, one grey, two with white facial markings like their mother.  The sixth is dark but I can't tell yet if he/she has white mixed in...

1 comment:

  1. Go with Firefly. Post many pics. Tell us stories!! Elaborate kitty yarns!

    ReplyDelete