2) About half of the librarians I worked with between Broward County Libraries and UF Libraries are retired or going to retire this year. I did not do a good enough job keeping in touch with a lot of them. :( P.S. if any of them cross this blog, please get in touch with me...
3) It's less a question of keeping up with new technologies - although you really have to - and more a responsibility to make sure you train your library patrons to be comfortable with said new technologies.
4) No, seriously, $12 sandwiches. It's cheaper to walk down the street to the McDonald's. Plus you get more exercise.
5) I decided against bringing my Nook eReader device with me (it functions as a tablet as well, although not as effectively as an iPad). Turned out to be a bad move: I realized I was out of email communication with everyone for most of the day! ...still shaking off the withdrawal symptoms...
6) The primary thing being discussed at the conference sessions - at least for this day when I attended - was community outreach, keeping libraries involved with their communities.
7) I saw a 3D printer for the first time. I bowed and prayed to the Maker Deity, the provider of All Things Plastic. And It made for us a miniature plastic Mayan temple. Because It could.
Anyone got any questions about the conferencing experience?