Sunday, November 6, 2011

One Week In On NaNoWriMo 2011

...and I am above 11,000 words.

It's a story idea I've considered before, which had some big flaws about halfway into it, about a university librarian and his crazy student workers who have various "spooky" adventures involving ghosts girls, clones, aliens, and whatnot (various plot ideas from back when I was a huge X-Phile).

I've rebooted the start to be more action-packed, and looking to streamline some of the character introductions.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided that NaNo is where good idea go to die. I was so excited about my NaNo project last year, but by the time I hit 50K, I never wanted to see it again.

    I started again this year, but I gave up after about a week. I could feel myself starting to hate this project too, and I really, really don't want to kill this one. It's too good to waste on NaNo.

    I don't think I'll be doing it again. I've learned I'm not that kind of writer.

    ReplyDelete