Thursday, September 17, 2015

Prepping for NaNoWriMo 2015

It's a month away.

And as a Municipal Liaison, I have to get some things set up for November.

The good news: the NaNo organizers created a Lakeland Region to cover the growing Polk County population of writers.  Now I need to get the word out to the writing groups that we can go with our own groups rather than farm out to Tampa/Brandon or Orlando.

(On a side note, I've seen they divided up Pinellas County into THREE SECTIONS.  Given that it's our smallest physical county and yet one of our most densely populated, this is still a bit surprising)

I have to get the Google Calendar set up for the Region (done) and managed.  I have some dates for Write-Ins already set with Lakeland, Bartow and Winter Haven: now I need to confirm some actual locations for Lake Wales to help cover the southeastern corner of Polk County.

And now I gotta think about which novel idea to follow through on.

I'm thinking either a new novel idea on:

1) An alternative history novel about the American Civil War where the South DOESN'T start it by firing on Fort Sumter so that they can secure French recognition... with the consequences playing out affecting the fates of Mexico, Virginia, and the border states.
2) That urban fantasy novel I tried starting this Labor Day (I can use NaNo to finish it).

I could bring back one of the earlier attempts, although I dread getting bogged down in the weeds where I keep getting lost on those works.  Best to see about something fresh, IMHO.  (although I keep thinking I can get something good out of Ocean Dancers...)

NANO ME BABY ONE MORE TIME.

Update: I've added a poll to this blog, over on the right, and if people are willing to vote please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment