Working on my October presentation at the moment:
So why should writers sign up for National Novel Writing Month?
1) It's fun
2) You meet up with fellow writers
3) You get out of the house and head out to writing sit-ins at coffee shops (why Panera Bread doesn't sign on as a sponsor, I'll never know) that let you plug in your laptops
4) You get some writing done
5) You get to tell your Writer's Block to go pound the pavement
6) You get 50,000 words of a rough draft completed between the days of November 1 to November 30
7) You get encouragement to finish that rough draft into a larger novel (50,000 words is at best half the length of an average novel: roughly 150 pages)
8) You get accomplishment webpage badges for making it to the 50,000 word deadline
9) You get to impress that cute soup server at the local Panera Bread
10) For emphasis: IT'S FUN
I think I can get that into a pretty decent PowerPoint presentation, ya think?
oh and 11) You get an opportunity to get your finished work published on Create Space. I think. Will need to check NaNo's tie-in to that.